Thursday, May 24, 2012

Celebrating their lives

Mother's Day was hard this year.  It was the first one after losing Mom.  There were so many people at the Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery in Kaneohe. 


Mom always loved yellow and orange.  I was lucky to find these flowers -- just what I wanted!

Families celebrate Mother's Day with the fallen mothers and fathers.

Hawaii Veterans Memorial Cemetery is unique in its own way.  It holds little interest in its presentation but what is the most interesting here, I have found, is the families!  Obviously Mother's Day was a big thing this year.  

I was grateful that these families were laughing so loudly -- it helped me not to cry, as much.  I thought of going over to them and thanking them but I figured they would think me crazy so I didn't.  Now I wish I did.  They had the right attitude -- I'm just not "there" yet.

Hawaii has beautiful cemeteries.  Wait until this weekend!  Memorial Day brings flags, flower lei, and people sharing love and memories.  

The surroundings at Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery

I love my home.  Visit a cemetery this weekend, military or otherwise.  Remember them and celebrate their lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment